How to Raise a Missionary Kid
By Beth Reese
Create an Environment
1. Let your life and that of your family center around the Lord and His church.
2. Set an example of high priorities in your life.
3. Read books about missionaries and people of other countries to your children.
4. Subscribe to evangelistic newspapers and make them available to your children.
5. Invite missionaries into your home and local congregation.
6. Take children to mission workshops.
Create a Faith
1. Teach authority in the home.
2. Teach moral and spiritual values from a young age.
3. Let worship service and Bible class take priority over sleep, soccer, and school activities.
4. Be “real” in your own faith.
5. Bathe every decision and important event in prayer.
Create a Mission
1. Speak positively about the blessings of being a missionary.
2. Take your children with you to do good works. Involve them from a young age.
3. Take them overseas.
4. Take them on short mission trips.
5. If possible, live overseas.
6. Make missions an adventure.
7. Remember that all Christians are missionaries.